Sunday, February 1, 2015

Babbling.

Dear Larry,

Boy, lemme tell you, I'm running late with writing to you tonight. Its only because I was having such a fantastic day today. You only crossed my mind a couple times! Well.. and every time I looked to the left.. Stupid Larry, pushing on the 6th nerve of my eye.. making everything doubled and weird. Ah well. Today was still a good day.

I woke up today in better spirits. You see, Larry, last night I found a Facebook group dedicated to survivors and fighters of Chordoma. It is a private group, so only members are allowed to post and see posts. I thought to myself " What the hell, I'm going to see if I can join". I read in that Ed Lowe book that having a support group was super important.

He was so right.

Both of the admins messaged me and asked why I wanted to  get into the group. I told them about you, Larry. They let me right in. I made a post and introduced us, I told them all about you and I. What happened next I can only explain as amazing. People I've never met before, or even heard of, started to comment back and give me such a wealth of information it was almost overwhelming. Also with that information came this different type of support; Not one of them felt sorry for me or this situation you've put me in, Larry. They gave me hope by offering me information and the comfort of 'been there done that', because most of them have already overcome this.

Ed Lowe also said in his book that you come across people, who to everyone else, are just normal people.. But to you, become a source of inspiration. They become your heros. Right now, every single person in that group who has, is or knows someone fighting Chordoma is my hero. They have given me so much information and pointed me into so many good directions, its the only way I can describe them right now.

So, if anyone from the group is reading this, thank you so much for all the information and for giving everyone with Chordoma ( or who knows someone with it) a safe place to connect with others.


But, Larry, that's not the only reason today was amazing.

Today my girlfriend Jo and I ran off together on a thrift store day. We scored some TV trays, a computer chair and two new arm chairs for less than 30 bucks, I'm writing this blog in my new arm chair recliner! It is so stupid comfortable.

Man, I love  Jo's and my little adventures together, as we have loads of fun just by being ourselves. She can always make me laugh and makes me feel so loved. Today was no different. She had the idea of going off the beaten path and cutting through Loche Raven Reservoir. It is such a pretty drive up through there, though most of the main road was closed. Maybe due to the ice.. or a weekend thing. Not sure.

Anyway. we ended up parking the car and walking a little ways down to the water. She had to help me down a small incline because my left eye was making me feel uneasy. But, we made it down the water and took tons of pictures. Mostly being silly.Which is the way we like it. I know that this time is super difficult for her, but she never shows it. She's one of the strongest people I've ever met in my entire life. I'm so lucky to have her in my life, and even luckier to call her mine. She is just a constant source of inspiration and love. Another one of those heros, but this one I get to kiss and spend the rest of my life with. :D


When we got home, we cleaned house and got ready for our neighbors kids to come over for a while. My mom was up and about, tinkering with random things. She's been so super strong through this whole thing as well. Today she was having a bit of a downer day, which we are all allowed to have. She's my mom, ya know? She wishes she could do something about you, Larry. I know it breaks her heart that there is nothing she can do. I try to tell her that her love and support is enough.. But, again, everyone can have a downer day. I'm thankful she's just here to be with me. I love her so much and am just so thankful for her. I just wish she wouldn't kick herself in the ass for things she has no control over.

Oh well..

Anyway, the kids came over and all played with our little girl. They seemed to have tons of fun, which is what we aim for. But it was late-ish by the time they went home. Not that we minded, they are pretty good kids and they all have fun together.


 Anyway, I've just blabbered on tonight. I did have such a fantastic day. Tomorrow is Radiologist Oncologist appointment. I can honestly say that I'm only a little scared. I've done my research ( without getting too far into it) and I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. Plus I have my Girlfriend and Mom going with me. Plenty of people to hold my hand! I have to just keep reminding myself that tomorrow I'm just chatting with the doctor.

Which reminds me.. I have to print out the checklist the support group told me about. ... Hm.

Well, I do think it is time for bed. I promise I'll write something a little more.. well, more tomorrow, Larry. I also have to research more doctors and a new diet plan for myself. I'm going to be getting into health to more easily treat and get rid of you.

But! Tomorrow is a new day.

Sincerely,
Tara

P.S
You stink, Larry

P.S.S
No one likes you, Larry.

P.S.S.S
Jo redid the drawing of you that I did, that shows your demise via arrow in the head and lightening that represents proton radiation treatment.

Booyah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment