Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Eviction Notice

Dear Larry,

On Monday, Larry, your eviction notice was signed and delivered. On march 10th, 2015 -- In less than a month -- you'll be removed from my head, and hopefully my life. Though I am scared beyond measure I am also excited that this will be over. Here's how it is going to work: 

They'll be going through my nose, using tiny scopes and instruments they shove up there. Also there will be electrodes on my skull to help guide them through. Once they're through my sinuses they will drill through the clivus and then you'll be there. The doctor will take a snip of you, and hand that snip to another doctor on stand by, who will look under the microscope to make sure you are a Chordoma. Once that is done and they find out you are a Chordoma, they will move on. Hopefully you're fat and squishy. Because if you are fat and squishy they'll slurp you up using a little suction hose. If not? Things will get a bit more difficult and they'll have to remove you piece by piece. 

Of course there are risks. Risks to the nerve your little fat body is pressed up against. Risks to a major blood vessel behind your little gross self, and if they cut or damage it, I could have a stroke. Another thing is that there is fluid stuck behind you, and that fluid needs to come out, which has pros and cons. The pro is if the fluid comes out, that means they got some, if not all of you. However, I'll be at a higher risk of infection. 

Here is the fun part, because they can't have me leaking out of the nose, they will put a drain in. The drain will run from my head and down my back. I'll be in the hospital for 5 days and out of work for 6 weeks. Which is a suuuuper long time. But, we will see how it goes. 

So, Larry! Here we do. The beginning of the end.. hopefully.

Everyone at work as been super supportive and super nice. They've even gone so far as gifts, which is appreciated but not necessary. Their love and support is all I need. The other day I walked in and there was a large box of Magic Cards on my desk-- which if no one knows, I'm a huge fan of the game-- I nearly cried. Andrew left it on my desk and I tracked him down and gave him a awkward hug. I'm so appreciative of it, and every other gift I've been given. But, honestly, it is not needed. As cheesy as it sounds, I feel blessed to know so many fantastic people and that is gift enough.
The pack of many, many good cards.


Buuuut, as a side note, I love the magic cards, lol.

Anyway. I also have my pre-opt surgery appointment scheduled. February 20th at 8 in the morning. That's when they'll check me out. Hopefully a week after that I'll be able to work from home, to ensure I don't get sick from all the gross Call Center germs floating around. We'll see, though. I just cannot wait to get this over with. I've come to terms with everything, I know this has to get done. I know it is so scary right now, but at the same time, I'm excited to get this over with. I feel like this has been looming over my head forever know, which I know it hasn't. But when you know there is something living in your head, you're just ready to get something done. That something done is within my grasp. It is just a matter of keeping my cool and getting there.

At least it isn't brain surgery.. Or rather:


Right now I'm just trying to drink more water, stay active and eat a bit better than I have been. So far so good, I've been getting my daily required amount of water, which is good. Again, the support from my coworkers has been amazing, and my mom and girlfriend has been fantastic.

I am such a lucky person. I truly am.

Love you guys.

Hate you, Larry.

Sincerly,

-Tara

P.S
No one likes you, Larry

P.S.S
You stink Larry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment