Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Count Down.

Dear Larry,

Boy. It's been a bit, hasn't it? Can't say a whole lot happened between the last entry and now. Your day is coming up, you remember right? The day you'll be yanked from my nose and into a little tube and shipped off? Oh, did I not tell you about that last part? My bad. I just got off the phone with a LOVELY woman named Patty. Patty works at the Chordoma Foundation, you see. She works on getting samples from tumors to be cut open, poked and probed to find a cure. We're doing that... Well, more like I'm signing a paper saying they can take you to the lab and be experimented on.



Sorry not sorry.

Now that I'm over teasing you, here is the happenings:

The past week or so I've been avoiding blogging. It just seemed redundant to just tell you how my days was because life, simply put, just goes on. It doesn't stop because there is a tumor in my skull. I still have to work, I still have to be responsible and get things down. I can't allow myself to not work, or get things done, because I cannot dwell. I just have to keep.. well, moving.

The support at work and at home as been overwhelmingly amazing and I have to admit, I work and know some pretty awesome people. I'm never lonely and there is too much love in my life to be. I've been hugged, gifted things, and spoiled rotten. But, material things as neat as they are, don't mean as much to me as these people do. I love these people beyond words.

But the stuff is worth showing off. :D

AJ, a co-worker and a dear friend, stopped my the office and gave me the BIGGEST hug. I mean, he is like 6'7 or some noise like that, so it was a pretty big hug. But also threw hats at me and a Mudcrab plushie that will be going to the hospital with me. It was super sweet of him, and really, it was just nice seeing him. He is missed around here!

Then, a bunch of co-workers got together and also purchased this for me :




For those who don't know, I am a HUGE Alien(s) fan, and am pretty nerdy when it comes to stuff like this. This Xenomorph is one of my prized items and I will keep it for the rest of my life, and my child will keep it for the rest of hers, and so on and so forth.  I didn't know how to react when they gifted this to me. I sort of just sat there, stunned. Wanting to cry but not. I dunno, it just means so much to me. The Xeno, yes, but the fact that these lovely people would even think about doing that for me. I dunno. It just makes me feel.. beyond blessed.  So, thank you Andy, Tony, Frank, Mel, Elise, Ian, Steve, Jordan, Claire, Linette, Melody and Leah. And thank you to the Etsy Store Owner who crafted this work of art: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Metalmodelhouse



____________________________________________________________________________

Its taken me three days to write this blog, and for no reason. I'm stressed, scared but excited. The date keeps creeping closer and closer and a part of me wants to slow down the time and a part of me wants to speed it up. 

We will see. 

Until next time. 
-Tara





No comments:

Post a Comment